Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You Are

You Are // Mark Roach

You are holy, You are faithful,
You are Saviour, You are friend,
You are all I'll ever need, Lord you are -
You are every question's answer,
You are every reason why,
You are moving, You are still, Lord you are -

You are the Lord on high,
And You are the way, the truth, the life
You are the Word made flesh,
You are the bright morning star, Lord you are -

You are Glory, Hallelujah -
You are hope of peace on earth
You are Alpha and Omega... You are -
You are comfort, You are refuge
You are love personified,
You are kindness and compassion... Lord You are -

You are my God and my King
You are the words that I sing
You are the reason I make this offering -

---

Beautiful song. I like the chord progressions and all, but the words do serve as a good reminder of what and who God is, or at least to some extent, should be to us. Not too sure how this came to mind, but I felt I should post about it. I particularly like the bridge (rendered here as the last 3 lines), both musically as well as lyrically.

jk.

No comments: