Thursday, May 31, 2007

Escapism

Sometimes, I wish I could just disappear - fade into nothingness - run free from the stress and pressure of the world around. That somehow reminds me of Seymour from FFX - something about death being a way of releasing one's troubles - but the world of Spira and ours work differently, I guess.

Expectations, competitions, events, etc etc have been rather annoying - about half my holiday is burnt on various things in school; and there still is homework (5 more Yue Du Bi Ji, CMath and AMath Worksheets, read Hamlet, Geog field study, CS differentiator etc) to do.

I read a post on Louis's blog recently. It is with regard to a certain someone, or rather a few people, who are indeed going through trying times now (and already have been for a while). I indeed admire those people; under the same circumstances I don't think I could/would be able to react to the situation as well as he (or rather they) did.

Sometimes, it makes me think; are such rants warranted? I would be inclined to go for yes; as contrary to the views of *some people*, I think rants are a good way for one to release one's angsty/sad/melancholic/whatever feelings out, and personally I believe people should have the right to control their feelings.

Speaking of which, Orwell's 1984 is a rather good book and I think it would be a worthwhile read for most readers out there.

bye
JK

No comments: