Friday, February 06, 2009

Resolvable

There are two major conflicts that seem to underscore most of the difficulties I personally find myself to be experiencing - namely, the conflict between positivity and negativity, and the conflict between productive relaxation and indolent slacking. Whether a duality exists between the two or not is another issue; but as far as my experiences go, it seems both dualities exist, and they are also pragmatic to the discussion of said experiences (pragmatist theory of truth).

The things I write can be pretty unusual when my mind's out of place, like now.

Huck the duck and Finn the fish was an awesome video for Econs... Guess my own ordering of videos was pretty close to that of the judges.

---

A few days ago, I thought of some kind of a list - "People whom I really need to talk to more". I wonder what criteria I might have subconsciously used at that time; looking at it now, the list is rather short (less than 10). I wonder what makes me think I really need to talk to a person more, though. I can say that in at least two of the cases, it's a matter of having some kind of special respect for the person; in one or two others, it's because I used to talk to them more a while ago but now am drifting quite a bit from them, and in some others, it's because I guess I just want to get to know them better? ...

---

I'm getting back academic feedback, and hopefully things will stay this way - I'm very relieved my English written commentary turned an 18; I was concerned that after not writing commentaries for several months my standards would drop, especially after much negative feedback about World Lit (which is right now hopefully resolving itself). I felt awkward when writing the actual commentary itself, unsure about how to balance general ideas I saw with precise, close reading. Econs essay hit a 9, very good; apparently I lost the 1 point for real-world examples. I haven't got anything back for math; the one comp science worksheet got a rather mechanical 20, and the physics IAs have been rather shaky since Simple Pendulum came back. I messed up electrostatic attraction due to bad choice of distances. I think Party Balloon's okay; Muffin Cup, on the other hand, seems really tough. TOK and EE feedback has been generally positive so I guess that's a good thing.

---

jk.

No comments: