Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Math Olympiads

Both Olympiads are over. I think I should be able to get maybe 20 out of 35 for senior, and like 6 out of 25 for Open. I know for Open I confirmed got 8 questions right:

the one on the inscribed circle in the 50/120/130 triangle,
the one on the PI notation for tan 1 to tan 89,
the one on the number of good sets,
the one on the 40-sided convex polygon,
the one on the f(x) - 1/2f(1/x) = log x,
the one on evaluating f(2007),
the one on awarding 1 prize to each guy
and the one on the largest value of the sum of cubes.

I am a bit pissed off for carelessly missing the question on the 7-digit natural numbers containing digits 3 or more times though - I got 9 less than the answer because I forgot the numbers 1111111, 2222222 etc. 8 questions is hopefully enough to sneak in a bronze.

Amazingly, our team got into the finals for Geog. And now I need to find 1 more team member >_>

JK

No comments: