Monday, July 09, 2007

Spiral

Lessons have resumed after the IP Symposium concluded at the end of last week. The weird irony is that I'm already beginning to feel slightly burnt out, despite the fact that the current workload up to this point during this term has been relatively light.

I think the problem we're looking at here is coursework. More specifically, the problem is long-term work. During the visit to the Ford Factory today, Russell mentioned that he'd prefer the IHS assignment to be a 2-week thing rather than a whole-term thing, because "you'd be more focused if it was just for 2 weeks." I agree; for me, I have nothing due in the immediate week that I haven't quite done yet other than the Chemprac tomorrow, but:

Due Wk 4 - (LAB Group Presentation)
Due Wk 6 - (Chinese 10 Article Scrapbook)
Due Wk 6 - (LAB SBGE Poetry Project)
Due Wk 7 - (IHS Essay)
Due Wk 9 - (Geography Field-work Report)
Due Wk 9 - (CASL Booklet, with signatures)

The thing is, I know that the work is there, which stresses me. Yet, for some reason, I can't really be motivated to start on doing the work, which means the work stays there, and stresses me further.

I think the school was right in warning us that a student who takes 9 subjects should expect a busier schedule. Granted, there are people with 8 subjects who are busier than me, but I can't really think of anyone who does 9 subjects and is quite free offhand other than maybe some of the scholars doing Comp Studies.

Back to MSN, or Scrabble, or whatever I'll be doing next.
jk

No comments: