Saturday, December 08, 2007

Wayside

It's been a fairly busy week...

On Sunday I went SGB. went to Hougang Point to do collection duty. quite ok. Standing up for close to 10 hours (with a few short breaks in between) wasn't really enjoyable per se, but I guess it's still better than warehousing. Listening to my juniors (sgt/3 Daniel Chan, lcp/1(not sure about rank) Mark Lai) yielded abit of thought-provoking conversation as well. Consequentially I was pretty stoned on Monday. I didn't do much on Tuesday other than prepare for Wednesday.

On Wednesday, I invited Russ, Henry, Isaac and Shaun over for dinner... Thanks for the presents! Also, thanks for coming... the conversation and 'quality time'(?) were very enjoyable! =) I think the picture is somewhat descriptive...


On Thursday, I did some cleaning up after Wednesday's event, and also went to the Passport Office to renew my passport, cause I'm going away on 12th. I waited about 1 hour there. I also worked on a draft of the class t-shirt design...

On Friday, I finished up my take on the class t-shirt design. I also played some DDR (must fix pad. down arrow doesn't work), did some writing, and collected my IB Math Book from school.

I also listened to this song today, somewhat by chance, cause I noticed it had an interesting title. It's this Taiwanese singer Tank's song, [Dear Tank]. The chorus has rather meaningful lyrics, I think:

Dear Tank,
请不要忘了最初的梦想
这世界充满太多假象 你看到的和真实往往不一样
Dear Tank,
请相信天父温柔的眼光
会守护爱你的每个人 也守护你心中 的天堂

Essentially, he's telling himself not to forget his initial dreams and that in this world, appearance and reality are rarely the same - possibly a comment on the theme of staying true to oneself? He also tells himself to believe that God looks kindly upon everyone, and that He will protect the people that love and support him, and will protect the heaven that exists in his heart(?).

This may just be an appearance that he himself has commented about, but the lyrics are quite meaningful, I think.

i will remember that.
thanks. =)

jk

No comments: