Monday, January 21, 2008

Bearing Thoughts

I'm tired out.

There was something I heard today that I'd touch on. It seems strange to analyse human behaviour sometimes but I guess I'll just write about it.

Hopefully it won't be too insensitive or illogical; I'm really sleepy.

I'll try to protect the identities of the people but I think you can probably guess them anyway.

I met two people, A and B after school today. Among other things, a certain line from A hit me - "Hugs are always good."

Hmm. I'm not too sure about that - there are many reasons why. If you hug someone whom you don't know very well, after that will you feel happy with your action? What is a hug in the first place? Is it merely something a person can give another to make him happy easily - in other words, a free good? Or is it a show of affection and emotion? Somewhere between? I have no idea.

Anyway B said then that they weren't and I agreed. A later commented on how he finds it strange that other people can be emo. He said that the most, he's feeling down for typically half an hour, maximally 2-3 days before he returns to his happy self. I said that that's strange cause I typically can have down periods of 5 days or even more. Having a yo-yo emotional cycle is not a good thing in my opinion.

A tried to hug B. B said A's hugs didn't help, after which they and I engaged in some banter that I think is pretty redundant for this post.

I was going off then and I said goodbye to B, then A. I mentioned at some point that I felt like I needed a hug, so B was going to give me one - of course since I was so wet from PE I told him that Thursday might be a better day.

Thoughts leave me in a mess. For some reason the closing song today in Chapel was pretty meaningful. I don't really know why either. I guess to some extent I can identify with the lyrics, but I'm not completely sure either.

Higher Ground
I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining every day,
Still praying as I'm onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Lord, lift me up and let me stand
By faith, on heaven's table land
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay,
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground;

I want to live above the world,
Though Satan's darts, at me are hurled,
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints, on higher ground;

I want to scale the utmost height,
And catch a glimpse of glory bright,
But still I'll pray, till heaven I've found,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

jk

No comments: