Sunday, February 03, 2008

Drain Point

This week's been rather taxing. Friday was mostly LMS work and then drill practice and then physics tuition and then more LMS work and then... sleep. Saturday was BB, more BB, MCYC, dinner, LMS work, sleep. Sunday was a rather long QT session, church, written commentary, LMS work, two 30-minute phonecalls, more LMS work, mug, mug, blog, and after this sleep.

In many ways I'm very grateful to God that he has brought me through the recent 3 days that have been pretty tough on me mentally, physically and emotionally. I had a couple of arguments with friends, both distant and close; and of course, a large amount of work to do.

Let's go:
Language A1: Written Commentary on Strange Meeting
Chinese B: 专题作业剪报、文章回应, online assignment
Economics: Nothing
Maths: AP-GP Worksheet, online LMS AP-GP-Sigma Worksheet
Physics: Tutorial 2-2 pt 1, 2-2 pt 2, online MCQ quiz, printout on Dynamics
Computer Science: Worksheet, prepare for Test
TOK Essay

What a headache, for 3 days of work...

Things are looking set to heat up. I've ended most of my arguments about relationships by this point, but still... I really hope that academic work and CCA commitments won't take too much of a toll on my relationships.

On another somewhat related note, today I somehow found the courage to actually admit that to me, "my phonecalls this evening are more important than my Lang Arts commentary". Interesting...

I know it might seem that I was complaining a lot about the activities in the first part, but visiting the MCYC was, spiritually, a refreshing experience. The worship really featured many songs that set me into a thinking, active, reflecting state - other than Still which I mentioned in an earlier post. I talked to a few of the youth/children there who were making cards for their parents for Chinese New Year. I tried to impress upon them that what mattered most was the thought and the message behind these cards - these would hit harder than artistic design, or especially for the younger ones, shininess (they were provided with glitter tubes). I'm not sure if I did the right thing. Earlier tonight, or rather yesterday night when I read Psalm 19, there was a verse that I noticed: "Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults." (Psalm 19:12). What are these hidden faults? It seems quite often that I wonder if I've committed a certain sin that I might not know about. I've also asked a few people - I remember Isaac and Henry, among others, at the conclusion of 2007 if I had done anything that might have hurt them without my own knowledge - so this seems to be a parallel in that we should try not to do such things, except that in the context of sin, the wages of sin is death - in other words, it's very serious (I'm used to taking relationships very seriously, but I don't know about others). I'll post more about this another time.

Despite now having the ability to rest, I still feel drained out. I've been talking to a few people over the past few days, and although I might not have really said it then, you guys really helped. (You know who you are.) Thanks! =)

I can't express my thoughts very well.
jk

No comments: