Sunday, April 13, 2008

when silence falls

Enrolment yesterday was a decent experience, though now I'm somewhat sick possibly because of marching/practicing in somewhat wet conditions.

I managed to meet several people I wouldn't ordinarily meet - two Officers who were my seniors when I was in sec 1, whom I haven't seen for quite a while; several of the boys I trained in Juniors last year (both the P6 --> S1s as well as those still in primary school) who, for some reason, can still recognise me. They also asked about Bingei - in fact, one of them wanted to look for him. It was quite sad that I had to disappoint him with the answer that he wasn't at the Service. I also managed to talk to Mr Wong (the Juniors captain) for a while, who apparently hasn't got his replacement Junior NCOs yet.

The parade went OK though I think I may have made one or two random mistakes with my hands slipping when standing senang diri. Service was a good experience though, with many "traditional" (?) BB songs, as well as the Company Theme Song. Also, about 20 of us or so got the Long Service Badge plus about 7 Barker boys (the original size was "35, congruent to 11 modulo 12" but not everyone came).

Sadly I couldn't join the people going to Island Creamery after the parade. Had to rush off...

---

now im starting to wonder if what happened was really the best course of action. i was so happy about it then. i didnt know it'd cause so many problems.

still, that situation, and the present one, are both under God's control. i guess i need to learn to persevere and trust Him.

sometimes i wonder if it really should have happened or not. it seems good on the level of resume and achievement. yet if it tears us apart as friends, i'd rather it not happen.

jk.

No comments: