Saturday, January 10, 2009

under influences

I think work has influenced me.

SHAUNLEE: Hey are you going with the rest of them to watch Ponyo?
JK: Huh? What's Ponyo?
SHAUNLEE: Some fish movie...
JK: Well I haven't really been keeping up with the movies.
SHAUNLEE: About half the GEPs are going down.
JK: When's it?
SHAUNLEE: Today. Some of them are going, we can join them after Primers' Council.
JK: Nah, I've got World Lit to work on.
SHAUNLEE: Me too, I have work to do.
JK: However, if it was La Casa de Bernarda Alba, I'd go.
JK: That's one of the plays which I wouldn't mind sitting down and watching, even if it was movie form.

---

Primers' Council was rather... weird. I was a bit surprised by the way the promotions were issued, and I wasn't the only one. I was going to query the validity of the attendance statistics; yet, I knew that there was a possibility that I would be excluded since I did not attend LDC, and Shaun Lee and Tim Liang who were with me in Korea (Scholars' Cup) also did not. But Shaun Ong who also went received a promotion; I was somewhat suspicious. At least I checked and cleared up some of it...

Speech for logistics comm went well; I was really concerned as to whether my speech would pass, but I guess it did. I felt rather uneasy though, cause I'm quite used to a rather formal style that stood out; this was exacerbated due to juxtaposition with the other speeches.

---

jk.

No comments: