Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Orb in the Night Sky Hiding the Princess

Raw, heartful desires accumulate.
They remain locked behind this sphere.

"I want to stay this way.
Leave everything in the status quo."

Her last words, before disappearing for the night.
She had her tools beside her -
Five treasures beyond conception of the average human mind.
No one could stop her; but that wasn't the point...

For fighting would not do much, but break her mind.
She locked herself, locking her world from external influence.
Her counselors and advisors couldn't understand -
Why didn't she want to go back? Life there seemed so much better;
The work-days then lasted but three or four hours a day...
Back there, she was a Princess. Here, she seemed but a fugitive.

So, tonight; she heard of the group coming to take her back,
And she focused her mind, built her own cage -
The Orb in the night sky holding her, the princess.

adapted from the story of Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night
---

In other Touhou though non-random poetry news, I had a very weird MoF Extra run today. I reached Suwako 5/5 as per normal, but then died on super-easy cards: 2 bows 2 claps (a pure trick card - incredibly easy!) and long-arm and long-leg (another trick card!). I survived most of the rest of the way, dying once on Jade of the Horrid River (careless) and then near the end of Suwa War. So I faced Mishaguji with 0 lives, 5 power. I bombed once, and capped it. A rather bad run, though I think I did pretty well on Froggy Braves the Elements, with only one bomb on it. Only captured 2 cards I think - Kanako's second, and Frog Is Eaten By Snake due to Croak thingy. Normally, capturing 2 bows 2 claps 1 bow, Long-Arm and Long-Leg, and 7 Stones and 7 Trees (and possibly also Moreya's Iron Ring) could also be done... I wonder what I was thinking then.

jk.

No comments: