Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Holidays, Part I

I've been involved in quite a few things over the holidays since the last time I posted. The main things are the Juniors Camp, the Geotrail and... well homework rushing, I guess. I also have been playing through FFX, actually.

Firstly, Juniors Camp. It was well... interesting though in its own way a little bit crazy. Some of the juniors were involved in a 'war' between the 4 groups that they were divided into - but it got a little too far and we had a first aid case when one guy smashed another guy's hand with a broomstick. It's a good thing the juniors didn't realise that they had some potent weapons *coughDISINFECTANTcoughINSECTSPRAYcough*.

The probable highlights of the camp was the juniors experimenting with field cooking (noodles only though >_>), and their war games on the last day. Being NCOs we had some well, privileges; if someone entered our 'base' we used *special* bombs on them (only soap, we weren't THAT evil). I originally intended to play the guitar but didn't get to because my fingers were overly sore on day 2 when I was supposed to play (I practiced for like 2 hrs on day 1, then my fingers had nasty lines indented in them...)

One key lesson I learnt from the Geotrail is that often our intuition doesn't make much sense when we're deciding reasonably random things. One team member chose to pick the 'yellow' route (actually the worst or second worst) 'because we were wearing yellow'. I didn't bother stopping him (cause it was a random pick and I probably wouldn't have done much better by picking blue) though I found it rather annoying (that is, the qualification, not the pick).

It was tiring; we had to go like first stop Marine Parade, second stop MacRitchie, third stop Clarke Quay and then we went back to NUS rather than trying to mess with going to the HDB Hub at Toa Payoh.

With regard to homework, I haven't done very much so you're probably faster than me >_>

Chinese Yue Du Bi Ji - 14/16 Complete
Chinese Zhou Ji - 0/1 Complete
Core Mathematics Worksheets - 7/7 Complete
Adv Mathematics Papers - 1/4 Complete
Phys Online Homework - NOTHING completed
Chem online quiz - 1/1 Complete
Chem worksheet - Not complete
Geog project - NOTHING done
IHS prepping - NOTHING done

My DDR skills are still... not as rusty as I thought. I managed to lock in a few simple AAs yesterday (SM J4L4) on like Trip Machine luvmix, There You'll Be and Sakura Oni (8, 8 and 9 feet respectively). On CSFIL:SM I only got a B though >_>

I'm a bit envious that so many people can go on holiday overseas. My holiday seems to be much too busy for that; with math competitions and all, it's going to be a rather rough ride.

Till next time
JK

No comments: