Saturday, September 08, 2007

Belated Melody

Amazingly, I totally forgot to post about it until reading a few other peoples' blogs.

Teacher's Day. A day where we're supposed to honour those who have been (at least supposedly) imparting a wealth of knowledge to us. It passed seven days ago, and yet I have not posted about it. How bad of me =(

To my CT and current Chem teacher, I admittedly feel somewhat intrigued by you. Thank you for your teaching, and your patient explanations of various concepts to me. Though it might not have been your intention, thank you for the occasional bit of refreshing humour you provide in class - it can really help refresh my day sometimes, especially if I'm feeling stony. Thank you for handling my rather esoteric O Level request as well.

To my PCT and Geog teacher for 2 years, I have learnt much from you, both in and out of the context of Geography. It has been really interesting learning from you and I would definitely like to thank you for that.

To my C Math teacher this year, though I was initially rather unsettled, I have developed quite a lot of respect for you. Though it might not be so explicit, I have realised that you really care for the class and the welfare of all the students. Your dedication and determination probably has rubbed off on some of the students. I know that I have not always been paying attention during C Math. I am sorry for that - I never knew you were so concerned. Thanks a lot.

To my A Math teacher this year, it has indeed been a pleasure discussing many things with you, both within and outside the field of mathematics. Your smile has indeed helped us through the large volume of practices there is to be done; and though I'm quite sure most of us find it taxing, it probably will pay off in the end. It's also quite rare to have a teacher who will patiently explain why marks were deducted or could not be awarded for impressionistic work, so thank you.

To my Physics teacher for 2 years, you have made me learn much both within the context of physics and outside of that. Though it may appear that people might not be so interested in your lessons, rest assured that there are those who do. Furthermore, the efficiency of the out-of-lesson consultations I have had with you has really been high. Thank you. It's also nice to know that there is actually a teacher that I can hug. <3

To my IHS teacher, your comments during lessons have always been quite interesting. Thank you for allowing me to have the honour of timekeeping the IHS presentations, and also for the support you have given me during the IHS project. I have also learnt a bit about discipline through my knowledge of you in the BB.

To my Lang Arts A teacher, in my opinion I believe that it takes a skilled teacher to make a student who dislikes the text like it - and that's what you have done. Hamlet, Polonius, Laertes and his contagious blastments will remain etched in my memory for quite a while, in a good way. Thank you for the support during IOC, and also for the very interesting discourses we've had during your lessons.

To my Lang Arts B teacher, your emphasis on the process rather than product has indeed been a refreshing change from what much of academics appears to emphasise. Indeed, I have come to know you as one who cares for the welfare of his students and is forgiving, yet assertive and reasonable. Thank you.

To my POD teacher, I admit that lessons have been somewhat dry at times - yet, you have tried hard to keep them interesting. Your propensity and willingness to accept the occasional logical flaw or loophole is also very intriguing.

To my Chinese teacher, I really have much to say. Thank you so much for understanding my predicament, and being there to calm me down during the O Level Release of Results. Thank you for being understanding with homework, especially for this subject that I find it tough to cope with. Thank you for your forgiveness with regard to my fickleness in choosing whether to take the O Levels or not. Finally, thank you for showing some confidence in me, and encouraging me when I hand in a good piece of work.

To my Comp Studies teacher, it has indeed been... interesting working with you, and though I probably will not be taking Comp Studies next year, the 1 year that you've spent teaching me has been fairly productive. Thank you.

I'm going back to writing LArts B.
bye.

jk

No comments: