Tuesday, September 11, 2007

shoot for 150.

For Russell, Sam Chan and Jason:

(Text: The Irrationality of Management or something like that)

Go try the test at www.typingtest.com. My fingers hurt.

Interestingly, a lot of skilled typists use the Dvorak keyboard layout that I do not understand well, but maybe just because I'm too used to it. Like how neither Russell nor I can use a Mac efficiently, why Jarrel prefers C while I prefer Java, or why I can sketch graphs better than draw other objects - familiarity and practice, it seems.

PoD essay is really ingratiating. I've been trying to write on Theism and Nihilism, but it's quite a mess. I don't really 'get' Absurdism, and Existentialism is going to give me headaches writing. It took me about 7-8 hours in Term 1 to digest Idealism and Absolute Idealism and write that essay (read: Hegel, Marx and Nietzsche), and I have no idea how long its going to take me to digest these.

if i disappeared
became merely a vapor tossed in the wind
would there be anything different? of course the physical landscape would change.
but on any other levels? any other planes?

jk

No comments: