Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Crossroads

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand
Why we pull away from each other so easily,
Even though we're all walking the same road
Yet we build dividing walls between our brothers and ourselves.

But I, I don't care what label you may wear
If you believe in Jesus you belong with me.
The bond we share is all I care to see
And we'll change the world forever
If you will join with me - join and sing, sing;

(chorus)
You're my brother, you're my sister, so take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes again;
There's no foe that can defeat us when we're walking side by side.
So long as there is love, we will stand.

The day will come when we will be as one,
And with a mighty voice together we will proclaim
That Jesus, Jesus is King.
It will echo through the earth;
It will shake the nations, and the world will see,
See that...

(chorus)


I like the song. ^
Interestingly many of the Christian songs that I 'liked' seem to be medium paced and have either themes of deliverance or brotherhood in them.

I spent a total of about 8 hours on the PoD essay, but now it's finished. Mr Bernard Taylor said the first round one was good other than a minor point or two with regard to Pascal's Wager - the application of mathematical decision theory to whether one should believe in God or not. In my opinion, it doesn't really work despite its deductive validity - because belief in God should, as far as I know, be out of faith, rather than self-interest.

On a semi-not-really-side note, thank you Juzzie, Sam Chan, Russell, and many others who have helped calm me down over the pre-exam period. Sometimes, just providing a listening ear really helps.

No comments: