Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Boundary between Light and Darkness

Exams over, yet results on Friday. STRESS! rawr.

ok not really. i already know 1 of my results and im happy! =)

School is ending soon, and as most of us know it's going to be the last time we, 4.9, have existed as a class. We've only done so for 2 years, actually, but... still, we're probably the last 'pure' GEP batch. I'm a bit nostalgic, you could say, but I'm not really disappointed; after all, one's true friendships should stand the test of such boundaries (in a way, it serves as a litmus test), and furthermore the shift in classes will give me new perspective, and also possibly land me in the same classes as some of my friends in other classes who might be doing the PcME combo.

Only 8 more days. Time sure seems to fly fast. Recently, I've also had some difficulties with regards to faith and belief, as well as philosophy. I'd like to thank these people for the help they've provided, both over the exam period and now.

Juzzie - thanks for being a listener, one whom I can complain to, and one whom I feel cares about my welfare.
Russell - i was a bit surprised you'd be willing to listen to me angst over the phone for quite long... so thanks. it's a good thing (for me at least) that i got to sit next to you; i've learned much.
Isaac - thanks for the reassuring words, and just being there for me in general, willing to even mess around with your busy schedule just to find some time to talk.
Hsiehwen - thanks for spending quite a bit of time with me playing scrabble and other stuff to fill this sort of BORING period when i don't feel like programming or calculusing(?).
Henry - the way i see things, you've been a really dependable friend... so thanks! =)
Shaunong - hmm. thanks for the philosophy discussions and actually listening to me sometimes when my thinking follows non mainstream thought processes.

I have much to thank God for, including the following things as well:

  • The grace to tide me over the exam period
  • Teaching me that it's often not worth it to shoot for 95-esque marks in everything
  • Blessing me with reliable and dependable friends
  • Allowing me to sit next to Russell thrice; in doing so, giving me a "second chance"
  • Just existing; and being willing to sacrifice Himself for us.
I still lack conviction, though. I'll ruminate over it for the next few days, and hopefully, God will grant me the wisdom to reach an answer.

seeming innocence surrounds, encapsulates dark motives much like grounded nuts attempting to enmask arsenic
jk

No comments: