Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ensemblic Nightmare

I need to thank the following people, before it's too late. Things seem to be rushing by so fast and next year I don't even know how many of you I'll continue to be friends with. I'm sorry. =(

To Isaac - the end of 10 years. I have to thank you for being extremely patient with me all these years, especially in sec 2 when I might have seemed a bit desperate with regards to my concern over the relationship. Though it's going to be the end of us being in the same class, I hope that we'll both maintain the effort to keep the relationship going - since, after all, strong relationships should transcend a simple class split. In any case, I have learnt many lessons from my dealings with you. Thanks! =)

To Russell - you've been a great help in many ways this year. The fact that you've been willing to discuss many issues and problems we've had between both of us is a good thing. Indeed, I've learned much from you, and also shared many good (and bad) memories that will stay with me. Though, sometimes, what you've said might not have been totally logical, I appreciate the intention and meaning behind your statements - the note of commitment is really nice. Thanks so much!

To Henry - I have to thank you for listening to me and being there for me when I needed you, despite your own very busy schedule. It's nice to know that someone cares. Thanks for being so open to a wide variety of discussion topics as well, even if sometimes they might not have interested you. =)

To Shaun Lee - haha, fellow academaniac. Well, I would say that I have learnt more not from our academic collaboration but our going to the same Sunday School class and discussing various issues there, as well as being both in the Boys' Brigade. Still, you have served as an inspiration in many ways for me to look up to, notably in the spiritual realm. Thanks.

To Hsieh Wen - You have been a good listener - thanks so much for listening to and considering my rants, even into odd hours of the morning. I also have to thank you for the games of Scrabble, as well as the extent to which you seem willing to sacrifice many things for me. Thanks!

To Shaun Ong - hmm. You've been good company, a good listener to my often random rants. Thanks for the random philosophy discussions and often showing the initiative when I appeared lonely or angsty.

To Louis - hey. We haven't really talked very much this year, but I've read your blog, and I find that there are many little thoughts there that I seem to be able to identify with to some extent minimally on the surface. Thanks for updating, as well as looking out for me occasionally when you chance upon me in school. I'll remember the consolation you gave me when we got back the O Lvl Results for Chinese. Thanks!

To Sam Chan - You have reminded me not to lose focus on God despite the exam period, and also prayed for me, so I'll definitely need to thank you for that, even though now I might feel a little bit of animosity between us.

To Daniel Yee - Thanks for being understanding with regard to the World Scholar's Cup issues. Though at times I feel a bit distant from you, you have been there for me when I really needed it. Thanks.

To Juzzie - You have also consistently reminded me to keep my focus on God throughout this period where it's very easily to be distracted. Thanks so much for offering me "invites", you could say, to the prayer group; I find that I have benefitted much from this. In this respect, I also need to thank Xi Min, for largely similar reasons, as well as providing encouragement with regard to the recent messy chain of events.

And last but in no way least, I need to thank God for all of this.

Dear Lord,
Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with these relationships.
Lord, I know that in the past, Lord, I have often taken these for granted.
I pray, Lord, that you will remind me not to do so.
Also, Lord, I need to thank you for my recent performance in the exams.
I pray, Lord, that you will keep me straight-headed, and remember that without You, none of this would have been possible; it would not have materialised without Your will.
Thank you, Lord.
Amen.

jk

No comments: