Friday, October 19, 2007

Mugging Season, Part 4 -release-

First things first...
CONGRATULATIONS to Shaun; I believe you are the top student! 86 average might not be such a good thing this time round, but there's no denying that you've performed so consistently, making you incredibly difficult to beat. It's indeed been an intellectually stimulating challenge working with (and against -.-) you...

Anyway, I must thank God for my results this time. Things really just seemed to fall into place... It was very unusual to see quite a few numbers hit just the right number...

LANGUAGE ARTS: unseen 15, poems d&d 22, final 74
This was much better than I thought it would be. I guess I'm in the top 14...

Unseen Poem was quite bad, because I made a very stupid mistake, and got one of the weirdest mark distributions I ever got. The mistake: In the poem 'Follower' by Seamus Heaney, ... ... I guess I've been reading too many random poems. I got 2/2/3/4/4, which in a way is a good thing, because it seems to have shown that my writing skills have improved quite a bit over the year; on the other hand, my interpretation went totally off tangent.

Poems went well - although expectedly, the marker said I didn't do justice to Graves' Two Fusiliers, I just had a lack of time. I shouldn't have bothered to write 6 sides on Dulce et Decorum Est and only wrote 2 on Two Fusiliers.

CHINESE LANGUAGE B: 80
o.o me? 7 pointer for chinese? ... ... anyway, this is supposed to be primary four chinese, so I can go and angst because I would probably get a B (<75) again.

IHS: 90
Spam, spam, spam. I wrote 6 to 7-ish sides for the HBQ and missed the final band, but got top of the second best band for seventeen out of 20. Questions A and B predictably produced their full scores, leaving me with 27/30. WP and IOP made little difference.

GEOGRAPHY: 82
... It's not bad, but I can tell that I've backslid quite a bit. I didn't do well for POPULATION (I got better marks in the tourism and industry qn); and I actually got the comment "Too much for question!" on the paper. I guess it's ok.

PHYSICS: mcq 38, open ended 74, final 93
yay, something to gloat about. Seriously, I was quite satisfied with my Physics papers even after doing the papers; because to me it seems like the concepts fall into place beautifully. This has reinforced my confidence in Physics and probably serves as a primer for me to pick Physics Higher Level next year.

CHEMISTRY: mcq 36, open ended 64, moderation 5 so final 88
Very standard performance, I guess. Not much to say. I lost quite a lot of marks on the Environment Question, but I guess it paid off because this was on the same day as Larts II and I figured I had to study harder for Larts II.

ADD MATHS: p1 97, p2 94, moderation 8 so final 104 = 100
<3. not much to say; it went quite smoothly despite one mistake in paper two that cost me like 4-5 marks I think. And the paper 2 marker wrote "long!" and "VERY long!" on my paper.

C MATHS: p1 98, p2 100, final 99
Well. I can't really say much; the numbers speak for themselves I guess.

COMPUTER STUDIES: 95
I lost marks on programming!! "not enough comments" and quite a few arrows prompting insertion into the comments section. =(

Anyway, it went well, I guess. I will have another post later, giving thanks to the people who have helped me through this tricky period... also mention some stuff about world scholars cup later.

stagnation of flow; history repeats itself
objective distancing perpends boundaries of reality
jk

No comments: