Monday, October 08, 2007

Seeming End

Today...
A Maths 2 - rumoured to be hard, but it seemed quite easy. having GDCs was very useful - i could very easily check differentiation and integration problems. hopefully i can get 98-ish for his paper. anyway, i'm a bit pissed cause yesterday night, in preparation for the exam i did a full mem clear. then i found out you only need to clear the ram. now i have to go and reinstall all the things that i actually use =(
good/bad/ok/fail: 2/6/6/0

Comp Studies tomorrow. It seems so fast; and while I can't say I'm happy that the exams started, I can't really say that I'm happy they're ending now. It's sort of a bittersweet conclusion.

Perhaps I agree with Graves in a way; looking at his poem Two Fusiliers, it seems to bring up the idea that out of adversity can come good things. I'm sure you'd agree that an exam is far less consequential than a war, and there is no real 'death' in an exam, I think the theme is still there. Through the exam period, I have realised many things that I might perhaps have taken for granted in the past - most of it transcending academics. I have participated in two different prayer groups, and in doing so have (hopefully) developed my relationships with the people in the groups, as well as, more importantly, (again, hopefully) developed my spiritual walk. It's indeed a nice feeling, when someone SMSes you the night before the exam and reminds me to remember to do my QT despite mugging or says that he's praying for me. It's really nice =)

Also, I haven't been overly stressed this exam. A possible reason is that the target of getting a prize tray on Founder's Day (yes, i know, how superficial) was achieved last year; I have noticed that indeed, I have slackened academically, but have applied my time to other pursuits, some of which I think bring me greater happiness, such as relearning piano, picking up guitar, training Java, writing essays, etc... the list goes on.

Anyway, now to mug the final paper. I just hope I can get... 96% or so tomorrow.

jk

No comments: