Saturday, January 03, 2009

as bread that is broken

As bread that is broken, use our lives
As wine that is poured out, a willing sacrifice;
Empower us Father, to share the love of Christ
As bread that is broken, Lord, use our lives.

---

The parade today had a special occasion attached to it, one might say; it was a handing-over of captaincy parade; given that Mr Jonathan Ng has been there for 12 years, it's the first one for many of us...

In many ways, Mr Ng was a person whom I've developed some sort of respect for; a major contributing factor to this was, as many people mentioned in the tribute video for him, passion for BB.

I did Programmes for LDC 2 this year, and the rule that I was informed about - "no 'formal' items later than 2230 (or was it 2330? not sure)", while causing me to cramp programmes somewhat and even to bump the reveille time from 0630 to 0530 to compensate accordingly, it does reflect the extent to which he cares about the welfare of the Boys... Thinking a bit about it, I realised that it wasn't right to bump the time; playing the system in this way would mean losing out on the greater aim that Sir had with regards to this.

As another point, Sir mentioned during his closing address that one of his strengths was leading Bible Study; he considered himself "an unlikely Captain" due to, as he claimed, his lacking of some of the traits stereotypical or traditional Captains might exhibit. I would be inclined to agree quite strongly as far as Bible Study is concerned... The sessions that I do remember were meaningful.

To end, I will quote something Sir said; it's something I really agree with.

Each generation must find Christ for themselves.

jk.

No comments: